to use ns in a shared directory

Hi everyone,

I have installed ns-allinone-2.1b5 on to my Sun Solaris 2.7 unix server.
In my lab, three students are using ns for their projects. I cannot install
ns in three different directories because I don't have this much space in the
server. And also later on the number of students who use ns might increase .
Instead we all have to use the same source of ns.

For this purpose I created a common user in my unix system and installed ns in
to this user's home directory. and give permission to the group to use these
files.

But this cause the problem. Everytime whenever one of us compiles ns, the
permission of some files is changed to that user as wrx and group permission is
gone. And whenever the other user wants to compile it s/he has problems like
permission denied...

How can I solve this problem.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Fusun Inanc