Re: Sending application data over SRM

> I want to use NS to send application data using a multicast protocol. I
> would like to use SRM. However, looking in the manual, SRM has no provision
> for receiving application data. But it then goes on to say that the agent
> asumes that any application data is placed in the data portion of the
> packet, pointed to by packet->accessdata().

They are different. SRM uses the data portion of a packet to send its own
session information, e.g., distance estimations. However, it does not
provide the facility to allow transmitting arbitrary data supplied from
the "outside".

You can hack SRM to do that. Please read the SRM code to see how it put
application data in a packet and how to get it out (all the send_*()
stuff).

- Haobo