AIMD test failure for 2.1b6 (all in one) under RH 6.0

I downloaded nsallinone 2.1b6 to install on my RH 6.0 for Intel machine.
When I ran validate I got:

validate overall report: some tests failed:
     ./test-all-aimd
to re-run a specific test, cd tcl/test; ../../ns test-all-TEST-NAME

I tried to run the test individually according to the instructions given at
the end of validate, but it didn't work (Perhaps I misunderstood them):

ns-2.1b6/tcl/test% ../../ns test-ns-2.1b6/tcl/test% ../../ns test-all-aimd
cript following "[ $# -ge 1 ]
then
        f" argument
    while compiling
"if [ $# -ge 1 ]"
    (file "test-all-aimd" line 40)
couldn't read file "test-ns-2.1b6/tcl/test%": no such file or directory

I looked at validate and decided to run an individual test I should do the
following.  This popped up some XGraphs that I closed:

<BEGIN TEST OUTPUT>
ns-2.1b6/tcl/test% ./test-all-aimd
Tests: tcp tcpA tcpB tcp_tahoe tcpA_tahoe tcp_reno tcpA_reno tcp_newreno
tcpA_ne
wreno

Running test tcp:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcp
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcpA:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcpA
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcpB:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcpB
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcp_tahoe:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcp_tahoe
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcpA_tahoe:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcpA_tahoe
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcp_reno:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcp_reno
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcpA_reno:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcpA_reno
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcp_newreno:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcp_newreno
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16

Running test tcpA_newreno:
../../ns test-suite-aimd.tcl tcpA_newreno
Test output agrees with reference output
next?
Unknown event type: 16
Unknown event type: 16
<END TEST OUTPUT>

All test output agrees with reference output.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

PS  The nsallinone 2.1b6 compiles as is except for the TCL problem
documented on the installation page for ENOTSUP which I fixed as instructed:

<BEGIN FROM INSTALL PAGE>
The solution to work around this is to

         /*
         #ifdef ENOTSUP
                case ENOTSUP: return "ENOTSUP";
         #endif
         */

         /*
         #ifdef ENOTSUP
                case ENOTSUP: return "operation not supported";
         #endif
         */

comment out both of the above statements in tclPosixStr.c. They should be
around lines 328 and 775, respectively.
<END FROM INSTALL PAGE>

PPS

Web page nits:

1.  On the download page it says for ns-allinone:

Download source: current release 2.1b5 (released 18-Jan-2000)

but it points to 2.1b6.

2.  For the ns-2 from "Getting the pieces" it says:

(ns-2.1b6 released 18-Jan-200)
                          ^^^^ - Must be one of those Y2K problems I've
heard about.

Michael J. Donahoo
Baylor University, Dept. of Computer Science
Internet: [email protected]   Office: CSI 220M
Work: (254) 710-6836  Home:  (254) 848-2428
Fax:  (254) 710-3889