RE: nam usage

I have noticed this behavior as well under Linux, and the users do have
their own home directories (mounted over NFS).

Here's a hack we use:

     1. Go to the file anim-ctrl.tcl in the nam-1.0a7/tcl directory.
     2. Jump to function remote-create-animator
     3. Comment out the whole if/else statement
     4. Insert the following before the commented if/else statement:

     puts -nonewline "Cannot connect to existing nam instance. "
     puts "Starting a new one..."
     $self local-create-animator $trace_file [join $args]

     You may notice that these are the lines in the "if" part of the if/else
statement.

     5. In directory nam-1.0a7, type make. This should recompile NAM so that
every time
     you run it a NEW NAM CONSOLE is created.

This creates a new console each time you run nam, but it avoids the problem
of multiple users.  Anyone have any better suggestions?  Perhaps the problem
has been fixed.

Jeff