NS installation problems w/ a FreeBSD machine

Hello,

I tried to install the current version of ns-2.1b6 on a FreeBSD 2.2.7
machine and saw that the executable 'ns' file was successfully generated
under the ns-2.1b6 directory.
(actually, I tried both by *all-in-one* and by *piece-by-piece*
and got the same result as explained below.)

However, when I run <validate> or <ns> files, something is wrong!!
Shortly, with running ./ns, all Tcl commands are shown on the screen
and finally stop with the below error messages:

     :
     :

   no value given for parameter "text" to "checkout_executable"
      while executing
   "checkout_executable  PERL  perl "\
   When configured, ns found the right version of perl in\

   but it doesn't seem to be there anymore, so\
   ns will fail b..."

I have never experienced this kind of installation problem with Solaris.
Anyway, if you know what the problem is and how to fix it,
please let me know. Thanks,

- Youngbae

P.S> FYI, here is a part of commands shown on the screen
     when I run ./ns.

     proc warn {msg} {
     global warned_
     if {![info exists warned_($msg)]} {