[ns-users] Validation Error

I have done some work with NS in the past, but have to revisit
in order to flesh out some results. However, when I come to build and
test NS on the old (and new) Operating Systems (RedHat5.2 and 6.1
respectively), I'm  getting the following validation error:

../../ns test-suite-simple.tcl tahoe1 QUIET
ns: _o58 recv 0:
    (_o58 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o58 cmd recv 0"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    (procedure "_o58" line 2)
    (SplitObject unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"_o58 recv 0"
../../ns test-suite-simple.tcl tahoe2 QUIET
ns: _o58 recv 0:
    (_o58 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o58 cmd recv 0"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    (procedure "_o58" line 2)
    (SplitObject unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"_o58 recv 0"
[etc etc etc]

Could anyone tell me what the problem is and a pointer to where to go to
fix it would be great? The "SplitObject" error doesn't lead me anywhere
useful yet.

thanks,
rik wade