Network programming problem

Hi,

I have a serious programing problem, and I have no idea...

We have a routing daemon. It works. When there isn't any route to the host
in the kernel's table, the daemon will find.
My problem is that this machine has to be connected to the network simulator
(ns2 CMU Extension). In the simulator there are some virtual nodes with
the same routing algorithm. The machine and its routing daemon want to
talk to these nodes...

                 Routing Daemon

simulator --?--  Kernel    <--->        User App. (ping vi.rt.no.de)
machine
            ^
I think I should put here something to capture the outgoing packets (HELLOs
RREQs, ...)before they leave, and 'wrap' them.
(encapsulation?/tunelling? I don't know too much about these techniques)

Any idea ?

Ferenc Kubinszky