Re: vlan simulator

Hi,

	there is currently nothing about VLANs in ns. I have written some code
for that. It lets you define a subnet, switches, trunk lines, and VLANs. It's
built on the same base as actual LANs in ns, and it does not support features
like Spanning Tree or GARP applications.
	The code still has to be reviewed by my supervisor, let me know if you
are interested.

	If you'd rather do the changes yourself, i can tell you most of the code
for LANs can be reused, you would have to add a VLAN header at the C++ level;
but the rest can mostly be OTcl.

> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:31:57 +0530 (IST)
> From: Debashis Biswas <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: vlan simulator
>

> my question is -----
>
>     can the ns simulator simulate a vlan ? if so, how and what changes are
> needed ? if not, then is there any simulator which does simulate a vlan ?
>

>                             \\\|///
>                           \\  ~ ~  //
>                            (  @ @  )
> ************************-oOOo-(_)-oOOo-**************************************
>
> Debashis Biswas
> 	Computer Science and Engineering ( Final Year)
>
> Address :
>    D-220 Azad Hall of Residence,
>    Indian Institute of Technology,
>    Kharagpur,