Re: Bad Nam trace format

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Claudia Jacy Barenco wrote:

>        When running Nam I received the following error:
> "Nam:badly formatted event at offset 1061 in out.nam"
>        The line in out.nam is:
> "+ 0.288906 0 1 pareto 210 ------- 0 4.0 5.0 0 0"
> What is wrong with this format ?

at a guess, the name pareto, which nam doesn't recognise. (couldn't
find 'pareto' anywhere in a recent build of nam except random.h and
rng.h, which are pretty much copies of the same files in ns, and
unused by nam itself.)

Should an application generating a pareto-like distribution be
connected to a traffic agent (UDP/TCP) which nam will recognise?
Better approach than the pareto-agent you seem to have there. (You
could always lie in your ns code and call it cbr, I suppose.)

L.