Re: End-to-end delays

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Fabio Nieri wrote:

> I am trying to find the end to end delay of a packet in a wireless
> network. I read the following script suggested by Lloyd Wood:

[my now-unindented code snipped; I'll have to include PRE tags next
 time. not everyone does 'view source'...]

> How can I modify the script for the new trace format of a wireless
> simulation?

You may need to modify the CMUTrace object code to provide packetid
etc. The CMU wireless trace format is unfortunately not upwardly
compatible with the usual ns trace output, although there have been
some moves in that direction of late - look at cmu-trace.cc's
e.g. CMUTrace::format_ip() and setting newtrace_.

> Is there any other way to compute and plot statistics of the traffic from
> the trace file?

There are infinite ways.

L.

hey, both trite _and_ right.