creating own links

Hi,

I've got the following question, perhaps someone can assist me:

I want to create my own links, for example a 'frame relay' link between
two frame relay protocol entities. I do not want to use the standard ns
SimpleLink with the TTL and the queue; I'll put my output buffers in the
frame relay protocol entities myselve. I do wish to make use of all the
available (nam) tracing support. However, this is heavily based on the
availability of a queue object on the link. What would be the bes
solution:

1: Base my link objects on (an adapted version of) SimpleLink, keep the
queue.
2: Create completely new link objects and 'copy' the tracing
functionality available to SimpleLink to my own link objects.

'2' seems more work. In case of '1',  I guess I should make a 'dummy'
queue in the sense that no buffering (and blocking) takes place in there
?

Regards, Sjoerd Janssen.