Re: scheduler!!

Martin,

'going backwards' doesn't usually interupt a simulation run.  The direct
cause of failuer is rather a 'floating point problem' (though may be
a result of the numeric stability problem in Calendar scheduler).

ns: _o813 recv useful 1 13 10: floating-point value too large to represent
    while executing
"format "%7.4f [[$self set node_] id] $op-$type $args" [$ns_ now]"
[...]

How about changing %7.4f to %20.6g in tcl/mcast/mftp_rcv.tcl's evTrace
instproc?  This might allow the simulation to continue but will
probably dump out funny traces.  To eliminate the 'going backwards'
warning all at once, I can only think of two other possible solutions
(given that you've tried Heap scheduler):

1. Change to List scheduler (the most stable one I suppose) with this:
$ns_ use-scheduler List
2. Download and recompile the latest scheduler code as Yuri suggested in
the message:
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9909/0102.html

If the 'going backward' problem persists and depending on how much
time it is going backwards (look at the funny traces), you might need to

1. dig into the mftp code and find out where events are schduled to
be executed in earlier time. (sorry, you'll be on your own if this
is the case.  Although mftp is integrated in the distribution, it's not
currently supported by the ns developement team)
2. or report a bug in List scheduler code (which I think is very
unlikely...)

hope this helps,
-Polly