Newbie question: Running ns after installation fails

Hello,

I'm doing my first steps in using ns.
After a successful installation of ns2b1.all-inone on Solaris 2.6
(the messages indicated it after the installation process)
I tried to run ns:
I get a lot of output seeming that something is wrong with
perl and/or tcl/tk:

ns:

proc warn {msg} {
global warned_
if {![info exists warned_($msg)]} {
puts stderr "warning: $msg"
set warned_($msg) 1
}
}

if {[info commands debug] == ""} {
proc debug args {
warn {Script debugging disabled.  Reconfigure with --with-tcldebug, and
recompile.}
}
}

proc assert args {
if [catch "expr $args" ret] {
set ret [eval $args]
}
if {! $ret} {
error "assertion failed: $args"
}
}

proc find-max list {
set max 0
foreach val $list {
if {$val > $max} {
set max $val
}
}
return $max
}

Class Simulator

proc checkout_executable {exe_var best alternate text} {
global $exe_var
set $exe_var $best
if {![file executable $best]} {
puts stderr $text
set $exe_var $alternate
}
}

checkout_executable PERL  perl " When configured, ns found the right version of
perl in
but it doesn't seem to be there anymore, so ns will fall back on running the
first perl in your path. The wrong version of perl may break the test suites.
Reconfigure and rebuild ns if this is a problem. "
checkout_executable TCLSH /home/funk/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b6/tclbox/bin/tclsh8.0
tclsh " When configured, ns found the right version of tclsh in
/home/funk/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b6/tclbox/bin/tclsh8.0
but it doesn't seem to be there anymore, so ns will fall back on running the
first tclsh in your path. The wrong version of tclsh may break the test suites.
Reconfigure and rebuild ns if this is a problem. "

etc.....

First I hadn't set the PERL and TCLSH since it wasn't mentioned
in the README.
I set PERL and TCLSH variable according to the locations
(perl was installed before under /usr/local/bin (perl 5.0))
where they are located but got the same behaviour....

nam is working (at least I get a window...)

I assume it is a known matter...

Thanks

Michael