ns-2 query

I have been really interested in the work done by
Isidor Kouvelas, Vicky Hardman and Jon Crowcroft  in the paper
entitled 'Network Adaptive Continuous-Media Applications Through Self
Organised Transcoding'. I believe that they performed the work under
ns-2.1b1 - however when I go to the main ns-related work page - I see
that it also comes under 'contributed code to NS-2'.

My question therefore is - If I wish to replicate the work done by
Isidor on network adaptive applications - do I still need to download
his files, add them to ns-2 source files, change certain lines and
recompile the ns-21.b1 (upwards) binary release or do I simply
download the latest NS-2 binary release for Solaris and run it - with
these additional files already added to the source code?

Hope this makes sense.

Kevin Curran

University of Ulster
Magee College