RTS/CTS messages

Hi everybody:

	I am working on wireless simulations of IEEE 802.11 protocol, and I've
seen
that the variable "MAC_RTSThreshold" (from mac-802_11.cc) is deactivated
(commented) and manually set to zero. This means that the simulator is
always using RTS/CTS messages, even for the transmission of short
packets.

	I would like to simulate 802.11 without using RTS/CTS messages.
I was wondering whether it would be enough to uncomment the variable
"MAC_RTSThreshold", or if this variable had been commented on purpose
because the functionality without RTS/CTS would not work properly
otherwise.

	Does anybody know why is that piece of code commented?
Is there any related documentation?

Thanks in advance,
joaquim.