Q: ns wireless without adhoc routing

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of the wireless extensions
available in ns2.1b6.

I am trying to write a protocol just above the MAC 802.11 layer, basically
as an agent attached to nodes.
I want to disable any/all ad hoc routing protocols that are present.

Currently, I am not removing the ad-hoc routing agents. I set
up new agents, and attaching them to various mobile nodes, and then
send packets MAC level packets from these agents using the same
constructs used in the ad-hoc routing protocols (ie. call
schedule(target_ (?), pkt, delay) ... this is what AODV
and DSDV implementations do, at least). I use AODV routing, since
it is supposed to exchange messages on-demand, and since I
dont generate any route requests thru data traffic, I dont involve
AODV modules.

However, the packets I am sending by this mechanism is actually
getting received by the ad-hoc routing agent at the other nodes
and is not delivered to my agent there. I use a port number for
the packet (sport and dport fields) different from 0xff (since
that is used by the routing protocol), but that doesnt seem to
help.

I am hoping someone can help me with some pointers of what I need
to do (if I can do it cleaner ... ie. be removing the adhoc routing
agents) ... either documentation or examples of some code.

Thanks in advance.
Suman