Attaching multiple agent to a node

Are there some sort of multiplexing between the two agent?
Suppose I'd like to have a mixing of CBR and PARETO in one node
to achieve different form of traffic, is that gonna work in this
way?
Another example which I'm more interested in, suppose I've attached
an FTP agent to a node which etablished a TCP connection with other
node. Now if I'd like to send some sort of control packet in every time
interval (let's say every 30 seconds), is there any way for me to do
that?
Thanks alot in advance for your reply.

--Abdollah