Re: NS doesn't write CBR and rtProtoDV events in the same simulation

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Polly Huang wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Guo Liang, Cheng Tak Cheung, and Lloyd Wood for this thread of
> > conversation.
>
> Hey, *I* didn't do anything.
>
> What are you trying to do, convince me that grumbling Really Works?

just thought you should be acknowledged for pointing Cheung, who
eventually contributed patches, to Liang's fix for the DV problem.
This is the kind of chemistry I (once a developer and now primarily
user) would be HAPPY to see more happening. :)

> > There's in fact a test on DV in the test-suite-greis.tcl, but somehow the
> > output isn't correct (containing only the routing msg exchanges).  This
> > has also been fixed.
>
> I really think the tests need to be extended to test networks which
> are only partially DV/partially multipath etc. where the functionality
> is installed on a per-node basis. They don't do that at present, as
> Liang keeps pointing out.

Agreed.  If Liang, Cheung, or you has a simple example of partial
DV/partial multipath routing sim, I'd be happy to include it in a DV test
suite with the all-multipath examples already in tcl/ex/simple-eqp*.tcl.

Cheers,
-Polly