Re: HELP !!! RP node failure ...( ctrmcast )

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Vijayan Ramakrishnan wrote:

> Hi all
>
>   Suppose if I configured node1 & node2 as candidate-RPs
>   for a group, say 0x8000 ( using CtrMcast model )
>   ( in this case node2 would be the RP for this group )
>
>   If at some time t, there is a node failure for node2,
>   will CtrMcast automatically choose node1 as RP and
>   resume the multicast data forwarding ???

no. node failure means the data couldn't reach the
supposed core (called rp in cmcast). Unless a detailed dynamic core
selection mechanism is implemented, you'll have to play with the
candidate core (called c-rp) list instead.

>   ( I tried this scenario, but node2 wasn't choosen as RP
>      and all the data was lost - is this expected behaviour ? )

Yes.

>   I have attached the code.
>   Also I get errors when i call the method manually
>     ( _o162 unable to dispatch method "compute-mroutes" )
>
>   NOTE: compute-mroutes works in simple scenarios and there
>         is no problem with installation.

I ran your m5.tcl. This is what I got:
>../../ns m5.tcl
using backward compatible Agent/CBR; use Application/Traffic/CBR instead
ns: _o162 compute_mroutes: _o162: unable to dispatch method
compute_mroutes
       ^
    while executing
"_o162 compute_mroutes"
              ^
As opposed in your email:
( _o162 unable to dispatch method "compute-mroutes" )
                                          ^

-Polly