some deprecated ns commands (fwd)

More updates required for the newmcast example code. Thanks, Vijayan.

L.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:07:57 -0600 (CST)
From: Vijayan Ramakrishnan <[email protected]>
To: Lloyd Wood <[email protected]>
Subject: some deprecated ns commands

Sir

  Thanks for bringing out the issue of outdated commands !
  I have been using NS for the past few months.
  After the release of ns2.1b6, I have faced few problems
  in running examples in ~/ns/tcl/ex/newmcast

  1. set c_rp_ [list $n1 $n2 ] is deprecated & has to be changed to
     set c_rp_ $n1 $n2

  2. set dst_ ...    is deprecated and has to be changed to
     set dst_addr ..

  3. Also the new version of NAM doesn't support "Edit View"
     which was extremely useful for beginners like me.

  It took few days for me to realise that these are not supported.
  Thanks once again !!

Cordially
- vijayan

			Vijayan Ramakrishnan
                    http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~vramakri

 Dept of Computer Science                 810 W.Benton Street #216
 University of Iowa                       Iowa City, IA 52246
 Ph: 319 335 4677                         Ph: 319 358 2954