Re: Bug in latest release of ns

At 16:58 2/17/2000 -0500, Mihajlo Jovanovic wrote:
>I am a grad student at the University of Cincinnati and am interested in
>reviewing your ns software but the latest all-in-one release doesn't
>seam to work on Linux RadHat box.  The error occurred even as I tried to
>unzip the file as follows:

Mihajlo,

I am a student at the University of Dayton (and a big XU Muskies Fan!) and
am also using ns on a RedHat Linux disti 6.1 box.

>ns-allinone-2.1b6/ns-2.1b6/tcl/test/test-output-WLtutorial/CVS/Entries
>ns-allinone-2.1b6/ns-2.1b6/tcl/test/test-output-WLtutorial/wireless1.Z
>
>zcat: ns-allinone-2.1b6.tar.gz: unexpected end of file
>tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
>tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Looks to me like the file you downloaded had some problems.  I'd try
downloading it again.

>The ./install script then produced an error:
>
>./install: ./tcl8.0.4/unix: No such file or directory
>./install: ./configure: No such file or directory
>tcl8.0.4 configuration failed! Exiting ...
>Tcl is not part of the ns project.  Please see www.Scriptics.com
>to see if they have a fix for your platform.

These problems look related to the fact that you had a bad .tar.gz

After many days of struggling with this install, I finally have it working.
 You can download a .tgz of all of my version of the allinone file from my
website at
http://jeanmomw.students.udayton.edu/~markj/stuff/classes/ece450l/status.php3

There is a link off of that page to the .tgz at the end.

This page is a good diary of my exploits installing ns.  It didn't go
smoothly, but I finally got it.  Everything should be well documented
there, feel free to ask questions.

MarkJ

If you are not included in the body of the text,
you are included on an informational basis.

             Mark W. Jeanmougin
             [email protected]
             [email protected]
       [email protected]