Re: wireless3 with snapshot

Hi Anastasia,

-----Original Message-----
From: Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2000 2:43 AM
Subject: wireless3 with snapshot

>   Dear all,
>
>      I work with the current release of the ns-2 simulator and current
>release of the animator nam. I had hoped to reproduce the most
>developed senario described in the tutorial, by running wireless3.tcl
>as downloaded from the web site.
>The animator doesn't reproduce either the topology of Fig.1 nor the
>topology of Fig.2
>Suddenly the three wired nodes down left lose their label, and the node 4
>freezes (together with his sendings) in the middle of the picture.
>Near the end appears suddenly the node four at the top right of the picture
>and runs down to the middle where he had left a gap.
this is caused by a bug in ~ns/mobilenode.cc , I've just fixed it ,
please update it from the current snapshot . And you can also fix the packet
size by updatig ~nam/netmodel.cc

however for wireless3.tcl , even using the current snapshot , the
visualization shown
on nam would be still slightly different from what shown on the tutorial
page, the
reason is the following:
the position of wireless node is defined in tcl script as a absolute
location (x,y)
but the position of wired node will depend on  (1) the location of first
node drawn on nam (default is
(0,0) in netmodel.cc)   (2) the link delay (which defines the link length)
(3) the orientation specified in tcl script.
and for a node which plays dual role of wired and wireless , this two way of
defining node
postion might cause conflict sometimes .

in your case, I think you can either re-adjust the postion of wireless nodes
to match the
postion of wired nodes or the other way around if you really need to make it
looks exactly
like what shown on the tutorial page .

kun-chan