Routing Table Entry

Dear all,

I am trying to manual state my own routing table entries based on src and dst address. However I don't seem to doing it right.

$n1    $r2--$r3
   \    /           \
    $r1---$r4----$r5--$n2
   /
$m1

Based on $ns rtproto DV/Static, a source from $n1 will travel from $r1->$r4->$r5->$n2 while I want $m1->$r2->$r3->$r5->$n2

However I am trying to define my own routing table entry
using the following commands in my testnet.tcl file ... as defined in route.cc but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.

$r1 insert $n1 $r4 0
$r1 insert $m1 $r2 0

I have also tried this

$r1 insert [$n1 id] [$r4 id] 0
$r1 insert [$m1 id] [$r2 id] 0

but i didn't work either. Am I doing it wrong?? If so, what are the ways I can do to flood the routing table entry based on src and dst.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric