Re: Have to have Perl?

Hi,

I have also confronted this problem when installing ns-2.1b5, ns outputs
tcl scripts in the standard output. The problem was that there were some
syntax errors in the tcl codes. Please make sure that all your tcl
sources are OK (all files included in $ns/tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl).

Hope this helps.

Chung Ming Chan wrote:

> Hi,
>      I just downloaded "ns-allinone-2.1b6" and with some minor changes in the
> install script to enable-gcc for configure script, I was able to compile the
> package under solaris 2.5.1 .  I was able to run nam, etc.     But I got problem
> of running ns itself.  When I type in ns, there is a large amount of text
> scrolling up on the screen.... I believe that have to do with perl.  I don't
> have perl installed and as stated in the download page, perl is need for "test"
> only.... I'm wondering whether it is true.  Or do I have to have per installed
> in order doe ns to run?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ming

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]