a validation question

Okay, just built the latest ns snapshot under Solaris (and copied the
newcast/ contents over, since they've been atticed). I'm slightly
puzzled by the zillion warnings of:

using backward compatibility mode

on stderr (I don't believe that warning:
Route to base_stn not known: dropping pkt
should be on stderr; it's all down to how you define your
simulation, and that's just an event to be recorded. Am undecided
about:
Wrong number of wnd_init_option_ 0  ) but this caught my eye:

../../ns test-suite-red-v1a.tcl flows QUIET
WARNING:  This test was not run.
This test is not implemented in backward compatibility mode.
Test output agrees with reference output
../../ns test-suite-red-v1a.tcl flows1 QUIET
WARNING:  This test was not run.
This test is not implemented in backward compatibility mode.
Test output agrees with reference output
../../ns test-suite-red-v1a.tcl flowsAll QUIET
WARNING:  This test was not run.
This test is not implemented in backward compatibility mode.
Test output agrees with reference output
All test output agrees with reference output.    <------- !!!!
*** ./test-all-cbq-v1
[..]
../../ns test-suite-cbq-v1a.tcl cbqForOld QUIET
WARNING:  This test was not run.
This functionality is not implemented in ns-2.
Test output agrees with reference output

strikes me as odd.

If the test was not run and not implemented, how can the test output
possibly agree with the reference ouput? I'm now wondering about all
the other 'Test output agrees with reference output' messages that I'd
been happily taking for granted.

puzzled as usual,

L.