Re: [ns] as a tag in the subject line

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, car wrote:
>
>> To follow several lists, it is very helpful if the sender puts a tag
>> such as [ns] as the first item in the subject line.  This allows auto
>> sorting using Netscape and moving "clumps" of email into folders.
>
>Any half-decent mail tool can parse To: and Cc: addresses and sort on
>those to accomplish exactly the same task.

True, but not everyone is blessed with a decent mail tool.
This seems like a helpful idea for some people and not harmful for
others, and it's trivially supported by majordomo, so I turned it on.

Now if someone would write the tool that suppresses first time
postings, autosending them the FAQ...  (If someone has used such a
tool, let me know.)

   -John Heidemann