[ns] new packet header/ how make work?

Hi all.

I'm following the documentation, chapter 7, to make a new protocol using
ns2.  Similarly to the ping example, I'm only trying to make a new header.
However, after doing 'configure', 'make depend', and then 'make' I get a
problem.  Simulation code which *doesn't* use the new header code and
worked before, no longer works.

I follow the example from chapter 7, however it doesn't completely
describe how to do the Tcl code for the new agent type.  (ie. where should
my Tcl code go? Is there a standard file naming convention?  Chapter 9.6
also describes creating a new agent, but I don't see new information
presented there... I presently have put the 'recv' function Tcl code
within my simulation Tcl code.  This simulation doesn't even create
the new kind of packet or the new agent, so I don't understand why the
code is bombing.

Advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Lori