Re: [ns] M.Greis' tutorial example3

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Chris Develder wrote:

> I downloaded and installed ns2 today (ns-allinone-2.1b6), and started following
> M.Greis' tutorial (http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/tutorial/index.html).

It would be nice if we could browse
http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/tutorial/examples/

example3.tcl uses DV routing, which was broken in 2.1b6 and later
fixed.

Upgrade to a snapshot or work your way through the thread and patches
at:
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/0002/0248.html

(this is going to be the #1 2.1b6 faq.)

> I have a problem with his example3.tcl, which illustrates dynamic routing in
> case of a link failure. It runs without errors --I just get a warning: "using
> backward compatible Agent/CBR; use Application/Traffic/CBR instead"

That warning is trivial to fix. See the patch to modify example3.tcl
below.

L.

if the ns Notes and Documentation has been renamed the ns Manual, as
the tutorial keeps telling us, shouldn't someone tell this to page 1
of... the ns Notes and Documentation ?

> -- but I
> don't see any packets flowing in nam. I do see the tiny routing packets, but
> not the actual traffic (as depicted in one of the figures on the web site). The
> only thing I see in nam is the link going down and up again.
>
> Any idea why I don't see the CBR traffic in nam?
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris.

> diff example3.tcl example3a.tcl
36,37c36,39