[ns]Tcl variable name from C++

There is a way to lookup an object if you know the name that Tcl gives it
using TclObject::lookup(_o121). But is there a way of getting the actual
variable name from this ?

As an example if I have

set node1 [$ns node]

then $node1 is of the form _o121 or similar. Can I get, from C++, the fact
that it is called 'node1'.

This may sound a strange thing to want to do, but I would like to get some
information back regarding the number of the node which has received a
packet so that I can display 'Node 3 receives a packet' within the Nam
simulation. But all I can get at the moment is 'Node _o121 receives a
packet'.

Thanks,

Mark