[ns] Interface labels

Can anyone tell me how interfaces are given labels, in multicast.
when i dumped interface labels in a multicast session, i found that
interface labels are very arbitrary, for example:
my customized version of dump-routes gave me the following

Node:	_o10(0)	at t = 0.25
repTag  Active  src  group     iifNode dest_nodes/iflabel
_o398    Y       0   0x8004     -1      2/13 3/3

this means that :

Node0---Interface13----Node2

      |____Interface3----Node3

can i do something so that interfaces are given labels in order, i.e.,
0,1,2...?

Thanks.

Srinivasan Jagannathan
email: [email protected], [email protected]