Re: [ns] monitor the buffer using xgraph

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Huike LI wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance, as a beginer to NS, I have some junior questions,
> thanks for  your patience.
>
> 1, where can I get some example source(TCL script) of using xgraph, the
> samples uder ex and test are more likely to use nam.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/0003/0095.html
posted yesterday, generates various TCP parameters with respect to
time, and writes them into a file in a format suitable for being read
by xgraph.

You should have already read Marc Greis et al's 'Creating Output Files
for Xgraph':
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/tutorial/nsscript4.html

> 2, I had read the tutorial about how to use xgraph, but if the sink is not
> a LossMonitor, but e.g. TCPSink, how can I get the parameters of the
> sink, such as the bytes received, etc.?

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/0003/0069.html
posted yesterday, is a simple way of recording bytes received by the
application at a TCPSink. Also see the rest of that thread.

L.

is _way_ beyond 'timely'.