Re: [ns] finding ns papers

>http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-research.html
>
>Kevin Fall's 'Network Emulation in the Vint/NS Simulator' paper is no
>longer available from the indicated link of:
>http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~kfall/ns-em-paper.ps
>
>It appears to be:
>http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~kfall/papers/iscc99.ps
>
>Can someone please
>a) fix the link
>b) consider archiving copies of research material about/concerning ns
>   on the mash server itself?
>
>You just can't rely on other people to implement redirects when they
>arbitrarily move stuff.

This would be nice, but it adds one more step to what has to be done
to add papers into the ns-research page.  I think it's more important
to keep it realitvely low-effort to add things to that page than to
cache everything locally (there are a number of hidden costs, too:
what happens if the paper changes, what about old papers, what about
non-paper links to remote resources, etc.).

Wrt papers, one can always trace back the reference to the physical
proceedings, e-mail the author, or (he hesitates to say) post to
ns-users if the first two fail.

   -John Heidemann