Re: [ns] traffictrace.cc bug

Pang Kun wrote:

> the code below should definitely be commented out:
> t->trec_time = htonl(t->trec_time);
> t->trec_size = htonl(t->trec_size);
>
> Faint, it cost me several days to study my MPEG video
> generation code. But the bug is in ns code, after commenting
> it out, my simulation run ok.
>
> Perhaps I am wrong, but could anyone tell me what are these
> two code for?
The byte order of an integer value in the memory depends
on the processor used (in fact the Intel's byte order
differs from the rest of the world). The function just does
the translation from the host byte order to the network byte order.
Depending on the byte order in your traffic trace file you should
or should not use the functions.

hth
Roman

Roman Pletka                [email protected]