[ns] NS Snapshot 03/13: no wireless

I tried to run example on Marc Greis' tutorial for wireless and it doesn't
work.
It gives an output : "(null) - invalid packet type ((null))."
I o/p the packet type value in the format function in cmu-trace.cc and it
gave an invalid (garbage) value of 134217729

Where should one look into to fix this ?
Or is a stable version now avaialable (of 2.1b7)?

(I tried for a week to install ns on WinNT4.0, using 2.1b6 and compiling
with MS VC++ 5.0 and it didn't compile/work correctly.)

Regards,
Ajay