Re: [ns] Simulating self similar traffic

As I know, ns supports only ON/OFF, CBR and Pareto traffic types.
However you can simulate self-similar traffic by using real trace data.
Lee Breslau has developed a program for converting real traces into
ns-readable format
(http://www.research.att.com/~breslau/vint/trace.html).

Cheers

Ishan Mandrekar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to simulate self similar traffic on NS. Does NS provide any kind of
> traffic model which exhibits self similarity?
> Any ideas on how do I go about simulating this stuff?
>
> Thanks,
> Ishan.

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]