[ns] EnergyModel?

hi,
		I am using NS2.1B6 and want to measure the energy utilized by the NIC in a
mobile node, but my ns doesn't identify energyModel as a node configuration
parameter ... although we have compiled the ns-allin-package.
also could someone tell me how to measure the energy spent by the NIC while
in idle state.( as the existing model only uses power spent in receiving and
sending packages, whereas the prominent energy used by the NIC is while
idling )
thanks in advance