Re: [ns] NS: Help.

>You could either specify the start and stop time
>or start time and the number of packets to send.
>
>$ns at 1.0 "$ftp0 start"
>$ns at 2.0 "$ftp0 stop"
>or
>$ns at 1.0 "$ftp0 producemore 100"
>
>You could find more information at
>http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-man.html
>http://www.isi.edu/~salehi/ns_doc/node191.html
>
>- Hyunah
>
>Rishi Bhargava wrote:
>
>> I am trying to run a simulation in which each tcp has a ftp appication.
>> Each application produces let us say 100 pkts. Now I want to stop the
>> simulation as soon as these are delivered... how do I do this. As I know I
>> have to use something like "$ns at 100.0 "exit 0"".... how do I decide the
>> value 100... I cannot keep it large enough as my simulation is also very
>> large.

Two other ideas:

Just setting it to a really large time should be OK...
once the simulation sends all the packets, it will run instantly to
the final time since there's no activity.

Another approach: you can define a "finish" procedure for TCP that is
called when all the packets are set; this procedure could count the
number that are done and exit when all are done.

   -John Heidemann