[ns] Traffic generator?

Hello,
    I would like to ask some questions about "traffic generator".
Because the "search ns web page" does not work at this moment, I am not
sure whether this quesiton has been asked or not.
    After I read the related parts about TrafficGenerator, I am still
not understand it clear.
     1. As for EXPOO_Traffic, does it still mean the rate of packet
producing is constant in the period "burst"?
     2. As for "TrafficTrace", is it the only way to generate traffic
from a data file? If so, what format of the trace file should be? I
really suspect the format of trace file here is the same as the
default outcome trace file of ns simulation. Where may I find some
examples or more explanation?

    Thanks in advance for any replies and implications!

    Sun Kai