[ns] debugging method questions

Hello all,

I read through the Debugging tips web page, and I have 2 questions about it:
1) for TCl: I installed Don Lib's debugger, and added debug 1 somewhere in
a piece of tcl code I'm sure I use, and nothing new happened: No
intervention of the debugger at all. Should I write  "debug 1", with "s, in
my tcl script?

2) for the C++ parts how could I compile and build the whole ns ( I hope it
won't get too slow) with the -d option (i.e. I would like to do the
equivalent of g++ -d ns.cc, alas it is not that simple). Should I replace
every gcc and g++ in the main Makefile by gcc -d  and g++ -d ? What about
the makefiles that lurk in subdirectories like aodv/ for instance, should I
change them as well?

Thank you for your advice,

--
Robin POSS