Re: [ns] intserv documentation

Chris,

	intserv stuff is in ns/tcl/lib/ns-intserv.tcl, and a few .cc files. It
is mostly for measurement based admission control. It uses various Estimators
for bandwidth estimation (Time-window, EWMA ...) each has it's own parameters.
Estimators have their corresponding admission control modules, with their own
algs. You can find more info on MBAC from :

	http://irl.eecs.umich.edu/jamin/papers

> Dear ns-users,
>
> I'm looking for documentation on simulating intserv with ns. I haven't found
> anything about it in ns Manual (formerly ns Notes & Doc.) or in the mailing
> list archives.
>
> I'd like to know how to use the provided intserv models (in tcl scripts), and
> what the exact meaning of the various parameters is. I've had a look at the
> example script (~ns/tcl/test/test-suite-intserv.tcl), but I couldn't grasp the
> meaning of every parameter.
> I would also appreciate some documentation how the intserv model is made up,
> i.e. how it works it ns.
>
> I'd realy appreciate some help here (so that I don't need to go digging in the
> source code)...
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris.

Tarik