[ns] Random seed and iterations

Dear all NS-gurus,

I would appreciate it very much, if someone can
clarify
the following...

When I run several iterations of the same sim.tcl
script using a tclsh loop,

while { condition }

exec ns $parameters..

}

'get different number of packets transmitted
for the same duration of the simulation time. Used
on-off pareto sources. How can I do the following..

1. Get same deterministic results in all iterations
(I used 'ns-random some_num', but still stuck with
same prob, varying output pkts_sent/same duration)

2. Change the random seed in a controlled manner and
get determinstic results/per-seed-change for all the
iterations.

Any help is deeply appreciated...

My sincere thanks in advance ....

with best regards