Re: [ns] intserv: Agent/SA doesn't work properly

Chris,

	Agent/SA is a signalisation agent, packets with seqno -1 are reservation
requests and replies. You have to start the agent instead of the application
because packet can only be emitted upon approval of the ressource request. When
you start the SA agent it emits a request then wait for the reply before
starting the application. Other that that SA is pretty much UDP.

> Dear all,
>
> I'm still having problems with the intserv model in ns: the Agent/SA doesn't
> seem to work properly.
> When I use an Agent/UDP, everything works fine, but when I replace it with
> Agent/SA, some problems arise:
> - in nam I don't see anything happen (no packets are flowing)
> - when I look at the tracefile, I see that all packets have seq. number -1
> - according to the output trace file, packets enter the queue, leave the queue
> and are received all at the same (simulated) time
> (The only good (?!) point is that I don't see any error messages.)
>
> The only difference in my script between the UDP and the SA case is that I
> changed the agent class, and the fact that I use "$a start" (to start an SA
> agent named a).
>
> I welcome any help/comments!
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris