Re: [ns] The MPLS/ns-2 works on Linux :-)

>Hi Dr. Klun,

Hi Lori,

>Does your email mean that Linux now has no problem with IEEE floating
>point arithmetic?  (Version 6.2 is the edition of Linux due out on April
>13th this year, I have not seen any documentation which indicates if the
>previous problems ns2 had with Linux still exist.)  Or does your email
>instead mean that the ns-2.1b5 version of ns2 accounts for Linux not
>properly handling IEEE floating point arithmetic?

None of the above. It concerns the first MPLS software written to extend ns-2.
It is quite useful that it runs on Linux, including Red Hat Linux 6.0 - and
likely on other versions of Linux - and not only on Sun Unix (OS or Solaris).

Contrasting properties of various flavors of Linux and Unix is a separate
important issue.

Please tell us about your success in using the MPLS/ns-2 with Free BSD, it
would be interesting to know its performance and/or any installation issues.

Cheers,

Miroslav

---

Dr. Miroslav I. Klun