[ns] TCP/IP cwnd threshould

Hi NS-users.

Thanks in advance.

I have TCP/IP simulation with NS.
Actually files are sent on and off. file1-idle-file2-idle-...
one file consists of just 38 ip packets. so most of time
the flow control stays in slow-start stage.

here is one question.

once an error in file 1 occurs, cwnd threshould (between slow-start
and congestion avoidance) can be half the current cwnd.
let's consider the threshould, 3...
even if no errors occur in the followings... in file 2 transmission,
the threshould is still 3 according to my NS simulation result.

in common sense, file1 and file 2 are independent in channel(link)
- 20sec gap between them -
characteristics, so the threshould value should be restored to
the initial cwnd (128). don't you think?

how can i resolve this problem.

i really appreciate it if you can give me answers or comments.

Sincerely Yours,
Tai Suk Kim