[ns] limited broadcast using Node/Broadcast Q.

Hi nsusers,

I have a question about how do I use Node/Broadcast to achieve limited Ip
broadcasting.

I want to send packets to all my neighbours, I plan to do it by addressing
the packet to the IP_BROADCAST address with ttl_ of 1.

I tried the following

Simulator set node_factory_ Node/Broadcast
..
set n0 [$ns node]
..
# and after creating other nodes, links, attaching the agents
$n0 mk-default-classifier

*** When I send a packet (using Agent::send(p,0)) only the sender gets the
packet back to itself, none of the neighbours get the packet. *****

I tried using gdb/tcl debug, and feel the problem is with the
bcast-receiver in the Node/Broadcast mk-default-classifier proc. The
bcast-receiver is assgined a object of class Classifier/Port/Reserve, but
shouldn't it be a replicator instead.

If I have done some thing wrong or if there is any other way of achieving
broadcast to neighbours please let me know.

I am working on SunOS, 5.5/5.6 and am using ns-2.1b6.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Sudhin.

****************** Sudhindra Suresh Bengeri *******************
School:                       | Home:                         |
Dept. of Computer Science     | 2502, Avent Ferry Rd          |
NCSU, Raleigh, NC.            | Apt #206, Raleigh, NC - 27606 |
Ph. 919 515 7135(TA room)     | Ph. 919 838 8746              |
web page: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ssbenger