Re: [ns] Re. LAN and WAN

I think the simplest way would be to have a node play the role of the switch.
That is this node would be part of all the LANs it interconnects.

something like:

n1-|-n2

n3-|-n4-|-n5

     n6-|-n7

where LAN1={n1,n2,n3,n4}; LAN2={n4,n5,n6,n7}. Here n4 will play the role of the
switch. n4's classifier will be populated with pointers to 2 different LLs,
corresponding to the 2 LANs. Since routing is used both for the LanNodes and at
n4's level there shouldn't be any loops. But then you won't be able to have  a
broadcast that spans all the LANs that are interconnected.

LAN stuff is all in tcl/lan; what's in the manual is partially obsolete
(CSMA/CD, MacClassifier stuff) put remains useful to grasp the LanNode concept.

I have also written some code for switches and VLANs, if you are interested let
me know.

> 	Hi,
>

> 		I want to make a network topology of LAN's. I want to
> interconnect the LAn's with switches. Can someone please direct me to
> some material regarding LAN's and WANs. Thanks a lot,
>
> 		Regards,
> 		  Vijay Chellappa.

Tarik