[ns] access to MAC/LL intenal variables

Dear all,

The problem I encounter is that I wonder how to access the intenal
variables of MAC and LL instances. Actually it is rather simple to
access node variables using commands as

$tcp set bytes_

but the problem is how to access the MAC/LL entity of a node and more
especially its internal variables? I would like to plot for instance the
LL variable bytes_ of only one of my node (and not for all the other
nodes) and I can't manage to do that. If I use

set ll             LL
$ns node-config   -llType $ll  ...etc...
puts "bytes_= [$ll set bytes_]"

and that I create several nodes, which value will bytes_ return, to
which node does $ll refer, and how can I access the variable bytes_ of a
specific node?

I would very much appreciate any help on this subject

Sincerely

Fabienne
begin:vcard
n:LEFEVRE;Fabienne