[ns] help on ns debug

Dear all:

I am a very beginner user of Ns and Linux. I want to do the debug in TCL code
and C++ code of ns. But, it's not easy to understand the description and
samples in the "ns Notes and Documents". Would you give me some help for the
following questions.

1. I have downloaded the packet of tcl-debug-1.9 and put it under the directory
of ns-allinone-2.1b5. After configuring and compiling tcl-debug-1.9, I come
into the directory of ns-2.1b5 to do the configuration and compile, the
configure command is following.

./configure --with-otcl=../otcl-1.0a4 --with-tclcl=../tclcl-1.0b8 \
	--with-tcl=../tclbox --with-tk=../tkbox --disable-static \
	--with-tcldebug=../tcl-debug-1.9 --enable-debug|| die\
	 "Ns configuration failed! Exiting ..."

Are all of my operations correct?

2. After installed tcl-debug-1.9, how to test it in tcl code level? I try to use
a very simple test script file (ns directory/tcl/ex/simple.tcl) of ns to test
the debug functions. I put "debug 1" into script file, but the ns doesn't stop
running after "debug 1" and no any error reported. Does it need any other
command?

3. For C++ code level debug, should I include Dbg.h in all cpp files of ns? For
example, if I want to debug the functionality of TCP, should I include the Dbg
in tcp.h and call Dbg_on() at the the place where I want to do debug?

4. If any one has a simple debug sample, would you share it to me? It will be
very useful to me.

Thanks a lot.

Yan Qiang