[ns] how to access routing protocol agents attached to a node?

Dear all,

Can somebody tell me how to access the routing agent(s) in use at a node?
I tried [[$a_node rtObject?] rtProto? $proto] to get the Agent/rtProto/$proto used at node $a_node, but this didn't work: [$a_node rtObject?] didn't even provide me with the rtObject at the node...
Also, when looking at the agents_ of a node, I never get to see the routing agens (though I see any other agent, e.g. a TCP agent). How come?

A related question: when exactly are the routing agents created, and attached to the nodes?

Kind regards,
Chris.