[ns] sending packets in NS doc

I know in Tcl you can use "send" method of an agent to
send packets to any different destination agents
without re-connect the sending and receiving agents
each time.

I looked into the Agent::command() and found the
"send" is handled by Agent's sendmsg() (in C++).
However, this sendmsg() is a virtual method and is not
implemented.  So I don't quite understand how the
"send" in Tcl is supported.

I guess it would be great to make a little more
detailed description in the NS doc on how packets can
be sent to particular agent (need connect?), 'cause
many users who write agents may need to know it.
Thanks!

Frank